Friday, June 27, 2008

things that kill me about texas

1. hogs*

2. roadkill*

3. i have a degree in "kimical engineering"

4. sacrament meeting is a little bit like country karaoke

5. people have rusted out process vessels in their front yards- seriously

6. i have to put on deodorant more than once a day

7. did you know that fire ant bites turn into things that look like pimples after a few hours? i do

8. BUGS!

9. chewing tobacco...someone actually offered me "a dip." can you believe that?

10. malt-o-meal's version of golden grahams has some weird sugar powder on it that makes it not quite as delicious and comforting, plus it leaves a weird aftertaste.

11. you can actually buy blonde bobby pins (this is one of those things that kills me in the best way possible)

12. church marquis: I think my favorite is at The Jesus Church that says, "TGIF: thank god i'm forgiven"

13. the complete lack of respect for conventions of the english language. yes, i don't use caps, but that is more of a statement (like e.e. cummings).

14. for the first time in my life i have to try not to swear. the operators in my unit use the most foul language (worse than melanie on the way to church, if you can believe that :D) and i am starting to think "that-a" way.

15. my hair has the most amazing amount of volume you can imagine.

16. i have no doubt that in this great state my little dear, hugh manatee, will make it to her final resting place at a demolition derby...may she rest in peace.

17. i miss my mommy

*these items can usually be combined, and we aren't talking a dead hog on the side of the road, it is more like a dead hog for 20 feet on the side of the road.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'd forgotten about the good ol' church marquis. So good! And yeah...I had a comp who started a tacky texas photo album featuring such goodness and rusted out process vessels. I love Texas! But not as much as I love you. I can't wait to see you!