Tuesday, June 24, 2008

***EMO ALERT***

a few years ago a friend of mine, brett bardsley, said something that has really impacted the last month and a half of my life. he said, "i couldn't make it through a day without my friends and i couldn't make it through an hour without my family." since leaving the safe haven of provo in may, i have never felt more scared, more broken, and more alone. but on the other hand it has taken for me to be completely alone in a strange place to realize how not alone i actually am. i have been so blessed in my life to meet and become friends with the most amazing people on earth. they have taken turns calling me, crying for hours with me, praying for me, and reminding me of the person that i used to be. i really couldn't have made it through a single day without them. plus, who else has friends that call you in the middle of the night and leave messages singing "total eclipse of the heart" for you to wake up to at 0300? pretty sure that would only be me.

then there is my family. anyone who has ever met them knows how amazing they are (and by that i mean amazingly hilarious, except nicholas.) brett was right when he said that he couldn't make it through an hour without family. I really couldn't. I just hope they will have mercy on me at the next family vote to see who is the funniest, considering my current circumstances, i fear i might not maintain my current reign on top spot...rachel has been ridiculously funny as of late.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hey...so I had this work training today that reminded me of my favorite quote, and I wanted to share it with you. So here goes:

"No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God... and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven."

And you are loved. I'm excited you have a blog. You can count on me checking it out regularly. Well, have a good one.