Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Another one bites the dust

"Oh, it didn't work out." I have often thought about that phrase and how odd it is. It really only works out if a couple gets married in the end, right? Maybe? You guessed it, yesterday I got the big "I think you are beautiful and I am attracted to you, but I just don't see this going much further." The truth is I was fighting off similar feelings, but put them away as just anxiety of going into another relationship, but it still hurts to be dumped. After a good cry, I realized that although 'it' may not have 'worked out' in the normal sense I think that this is how things are suppose to work, and so yes, it did work out and here is why:
  1. I had a good time with him
  2. I am still me. I didn't lose any part of me in this, and most importantly he didn't take any part of who I am, if anything he lifted me up
  3. He made me feel beautiful (and told me I was) without making me feel like that is all I was or that is all he wanted from me
  4. He was respectful of my requests and communicated openly about them
  5. He actually broke up with me
  6. ...he loved my cats:)

So, yeah it worked out, because this time I will be okay...I am okay.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I love you, and I agree. It's totally possible that a relationship that ends with a break up is in fact a form of working out. Kudos.