Sunday, November 30, 2008

An Attitude of Gratitude...yes, yes, yes!

This post is late for the normal Thanksgiving-type post, but I don't really care because I can be grateful whenev, right? RIGHT! So, the first thing i am thankful for are lists. They make organizing so much easier and blogging, therefore the rest of this post will be a list of other things i am grateful for.


*Family. obvi, but still, my family is pretty much the best and i haven't laughed as hard as i have this weekend for a long time


*Kitties. I just realized that "the blog" doesn't even know about Reuben even though i have had him since august. But since i talk to pretty much all of you on a regular basis you know about my two dears that make me happier than almost anything else.

*Friends. I love the way Melanie always follows through on our ridiculous antics and encourages me to be the person she knows i am and how Allison has the perfect quote or scripture to lift my spirits. It amazes me that Sterling manages to call me just at the right time, when I feel like I can't take another step alone and how it feels like Andrea is holding my hand from 1500 miles away.

*The Gospel. I couldn't make it without my testimony.

*Plastic. Not only does plastic make life much more convenient, it also pays my salary and in these troubling times i am grateful for a good job that i enjoy.

*Carpools. my carpool ROCKS! it saves me a ton of money, miles on my car, and the company has been a blessing in my life. I just remembered one of my favorite things that Brian has said. This summer we were walking outside together at the plant and I said, "Holy cow, it is freaking hot today!" His response, "Close your eyes and it won't seem so hot."

*Nevada. Home is where your mommy is, also the mountains...

*Texas. yep, i said it. there are things that i do like...I'm having a hard time thinking of them right now, but they do exist-mostly the people that i have met, though. All i know is that i am supposed to be there and that is good enough for me.

*satellite radio *cardigans *really great sales *lotion *babies *tights *catnip *the litter-robot *the perfect Christmas present *books *Primary *lavender *yoga (yo-ja) *violin *byu *the Gap * airplanes *dry shampoo *mexico tipico *hugs

2 comments:

Allison said...

So, I realize that this is stating the obvious, but all the same, your kitties are adorable. And I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving.

Mel said...

tights? really? and i love you.