Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lately

Lately...as in the last year. Yeah, it is official- i am at the bottom of all of my friend's blog rolls. So, here is a photo update of the last several months (be prepared to see many pictures of me making the exact same face, it seems to be my signature look)
We finally went on our honeymoon, a year late, so i guess it was more of a anniversary trip. We went on a 7-day cruise to the Caribbean. The ship departed from New Orleans, so we spent half a day exploring the town. I emphasize day, i don't think i would ever go at night. Then we headed out on the open ocean. The first day was just spent getting through the gulf. We explored the ship and went to the lamest magician ever and ate some food. The next day was my favorite. Our port of call was Costa Maya, Mexico. We decided to travel about thirty miles out of town and see some recently excavated Mayan ruins, Chacchoben. They were very fascinating.


we had to climb a stairway up to the temple. "Julian, take a picture of me working so hard." "You're on the bottom step, Emilee!"




the temple at sunset (don't mind my shiny face and crazy hair-it was crazy humid)

Our next port of call was Belize City, Belize. We don't have any pictures. Yeah, epic fail. But...we have memories. we went tubing down a river that happened to be underground in a cave. When we finally emerged from the cave and my body was kissed by the tropical sun, Julian exclaims, "Oh my gosh, your legs are soooo white!" Seriously? We have been married for a year!

The next port of call was Roatan, Honduras. So fun! We went to the beach and got rained out so we went to an iguana farm.


they actually would let you pet them

yeah, it was beautiful there! (again, ignore my hair)

The last port of call was Cozumel, Mexico. We walked around the port during the morning and then went snorkeling in the afternoon.

my husband has a cute nose- so long and straight
this guy's butt was eating his pants AND shirt! I had to take a picture

The next week, my sister got married. Weddings are way more fun when it is not your own.

my dad, me and rachel (the bride)


me and little baby Hunter (my nephew)

Also, as of late I have started running- we did our first 5K Easter weekend and have another planned in a few weeks.
After the race (again, please ignore my disgusting hair)

And of course, what would a post be without a little kitty-love?




4 comments:

Allison said...

Love.

Nick and Serina said...

Glad to see you you guys are having fun. Enjoy what summer you got. Ps~ yyou should check out my blog. I posted some cute pictures of Nick's cello and Hunter.

Andrea said...

You're alive!

Also...as much as I love you, the butt-that-eats-clothes pic was the favorite. Sorry about that.

Steff said...

Jealous! That cruise looks like it was soooo awesome. Oh, and Andrea is right. That butt-that-eats-clothes pic was the best.