Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Houston, we have a problem

Once again my primary motivation for posting is the fact that i am slipping in allison's blog roll:

Yesterday, Julian and I drove up to Houston to the NASA space center. Umm, it is out of this world (forgive the pun.) Although it seems to be more geared toward children than adults, it was still pretty amazing. There were rocket engines, space station modules, and even a shuttle landing simulation (Julian crashed the shuttle.) I think the coolest part was the gigantic warehouse that holds parts of the Apollo rockets. Since you can get right up next to it you can really see how big those things are and the vast amount of engineering that goes into them...quite impressive really. All in all, it was a fantastic day and when i got home my kitties were very happy to see me.

ps Julian and I finally took a picture together. It is one of those "hold the camera out and smile in a way that makes my mommy proud" pictures, but still... I will post it later

2 comments:

Steff said...

I've always wondered how astronauts shower... Did they tell you? Maybe they don't shower, but that would be gross since some of them are up there for a while.

I want to see the picture!!! :)

emilee said...

they didn't, but i saw one of the toilets and I am telling you it would be no easy task