Saturday, May 9, 2009

It has been about a year now...

...and it feels great! I love Texas and I don't want to leave any time soon.

I recognize that I haven't posted in forever and I apologize. It is sad that what made me want to post was seeing my name slip to the bottom of Allison's blog list, but whatever it takes...

Things are good. I have decided to become a teacher (hopefully). Even though I love chemical engineering and I loved being one, during school I always thought it would be an amazing thing to be a teacher and maybe this is my opportunity to do that for myself. I think I will eventually go back to chemical engineering, but this seems like a good adventure. Plus, then I can stay in Victoria...

Yep, I have reason to stay in V-town :)

PS I have recently decided that I need to attend the Kentucky Derby before I die. And I do believe many of you need to come with me...with the hats and dresses, too.

5 comments:

Allison said...

You will be such an amazing teacher. And I adore you.

Andrea said...

Oh my goodness...I would love to go to the Kentucky Derby with you with hats and dresses. I'm making a reservation now on your guest list.

Also, I think it's terrific that you want to be a teacher. You'd be amazing. And your students would love you because you're insane, but fabulously dressed.

Also, if, in your role as teacher, you end up chaperoning dances, we should totally all come down and crash that party.

emilee said...

i didn't even think about the dances!!!! i can't wait until prom:) good work, andrea.

Mel said...

I went to the Demolition Derby, does that count? There were lots of hats there...

Can we drink virgin mint julpes again please?

Nick and Serina said...

Emilee,
Nick and I want to SEE why you want to stay in V-town! We aren't on facebook or myspace and Rahcel is never around to show us the aligator. Thanks!!!!